среда, 30 ноября 2011 г.

HOW DO I GET

Is it possible for me to enter to that famous college? Can I pass the screening test for the profession I wanted? Can we pay my entrance fee and other fees for my studies? How will I convince my mother and brother with this plan? These are the questions that I always asked myself when graduation was very near.
As graduation was over, there was only two weeks for me to tell my mother my plans. It was not very easy for my mother to allow me to go to that college to take educational course because I know so much our financial capacity. Everyday, I took chances to talk to her and shift our topic to my college education but I failed to tell her. Until one afternoon, I readied myself and tell her my plans. She did not reply at once. After a long silence she said, “Write a letter to your brother about your plan.” After those words, she left silently with sadness in her face.
As we wake up the following morning, she prepared our breakfast which she once do it for me. After breakfast she asked me to talk to her. We talked and she explained the circumstances that we will undergo if I will pursue with my plan. I answered her with my plans to do my best, to pass the college admission test and take chance to work while studying. Once again, I saw sadness in her face and she said, “If only your father is alive.” I tell her not to worry, God is there for us.
I wrote my brother about the plans that I have and immediately, he answered back with a positive support. My mother shaded tears upon reading my brother’s letter and hugged me tightly.
In the university, I met students with nice dresses and shoes taking up screening test. They looked me down and left. I did not mind them. The most important thing to me is how to past the test. After I had the information about taking the test and having my schedule for the examination I went back home and read a lot. I prayed so hard to the Lord to help me pass the college admission test.
COLLEGE ADMISSION ESSAY STARTED A NEW SUNSHINE IN MY LIFE
After three days, we returned to the university to get our examination result. It was a pleasant day from God because I passed the college admission test. There was a separated list besides and my name was listed there. We were instructed to see the guidance counselor. We were asked if wanted to avail the scholarship from the school. She gave us the conditions and benefits. I did not hesitate to accept for I know that was the answer of my prayers.
I worked for the school for three hours everyday in the library as an assistant librarian. While I was working there, it helped me so much. Staying in the library added my knowledge of the use and importance of books. I acquired more patience in reading and scanning books. I gained new friends and up grade my social goal in life. Most of my vacant periods were spent in the library.
Recommendations from school teachers were made for me to join the school organ as one of the writer. I made some writings and reports during my relaxed moment in the house where we were staying. I gathered opinions from friends. We added humors to make my writings fun and enjoyable to read. Some of my writings were quotations, jokes and legends. The legends were mostly from our province. These are the legends of our places told by my dear grandmother when we were left together.
These are the pleasures and blessings that I gained in passing the college admission test

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий