среда, 30 ноября 2011 г.

The Construction Work

It took me years to realize what an extraordinary influence my father has been on my career. He is the kind of person who always has thoughtful discussions about the quality of student life and the main things required for getting admission to a better college. Taking in view my interest in the English writing he wanted me to adopt a writing course. From my school days he has imparted me all the knowledge regarding the constructs in the language, the tense formulations and the grammar basics. I grew up as an expert writer under his influence. I can easily distinguish between the school time essays and the college admission essays. Today I want to share my understanding about the essay writing. While writing is in the best of your mood, keep keen observation with a through background already in mind and correlate the thoughts properly. An essay can be descriptive, narrative or analytical. Like if it is about travel, celebration or custom etc. then it is descriptive. If it is about some ordinary person or celebrity it is narrative and finally if it is based on research cum analysis then it is analytical. The real essence of writing lies in the purpose of writing, choice of the topic, sources used and the linking between the sentences.
In the case of college admission essays the purpose of the writing is the aim to get a privilege to study and enjoy student life in the college of your choice. So, the particular essay should reflect the inherited qualities possessed by you or your intellectual skills. The admission committee is going to access you through your essay and that should be up to the mark with all your specific talents clearly stated. This will solve your purpose as well as theirs too, because with so many applicants to handle, the unique ones will be able to strike the minds of committee members. Now you might be thinking what all does an examiner want in your essay, then the answer is he wants a mixture of qualities like you should be enthusiastic in volunteer activities but at the same time decent in your dealings, you can be an awesome player of soccer but must be good in timely delivery of your assignments. Last but not the least you should be eligible to the course you are opting for that is there should never be a mismatch between the skills you have and the course you chose so in the essay you must highlight your subject base. The examiner should get a view form your paper that studying in the college is not merely a parents dream; rather it is your own passion to be something, tomorrow. Always mention the clubs you played for, the seminars you attended, the dance competitions you won, the trips you were a part of and all sort of extra-curricular activities you did in school. This is all, I have been taught by my dear father and I think this valuable knowledge guided me to write this essay and helped me to explain my points flawlessly. I give all credit to my dear father and I am sure to get admission to my dream college.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий