воскресенье, 22 января 2012 г.

Stressful Time

Looking back…

There are many schools in the Philippines not to mention abroad- every one has its own admission standards and processes, so, choosing where to study is one of the very hard parts of the students’ life.

During my third year, I felt nervousness and stress are eating my whole system; there were so many thoughts in my mind.

After having lingering thoughts, University of the Philippines (UP) strikes me, so, to enter, I took UP College Admission Test (UPCAT).

Then…

I felt excitement. Excited to study in UP. But I felt nervousness. Nervous on the new environment, new culture. I was worried also. Worried on the test questions. I felt stress, stress that my elder friends told me when they entered college life. For in these times, I will only choose between two ways, two routes, and two options: acceptance or rejection at the college of my choice.

After the choice…

I thought that I was included from the list of the students who decide through randomness. But, I don’t flip a coin. I don’t follow my boyfriend to college either. But, I had this feeling that in this school I will be grateful and I will learn a lot. But it took me some time to decide at this very little thing, where to study. At first that was my perception why I decided that way. But then I realize that I was influenced by my parents, by national rankings and by my perception.

After the test…

In University of the Philippines, unless one qualifies the UPCAT, he or she cannot enter any college in the University.

March 2005, I got a letter from UP, informing me that I passed UPCAT, BA Communication in UP Baguio.

I pass.

I pass?

I pass!

Now, I already graduated from UP, a BA Communication degree holder.

A right decision. A right pathway. A good future awaits.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий