среда, 21 октября 2015 г.

People Chat About Possible Zombie Panda Update


I would like to know if anyone else trying to recover from Panda has seen a cumulative gain / recovery over the last 2+ months of this Panda roll out, that would confirm you are truly on the road to recovery?

From what I have seen on this forum and others like Glen Gabe, everyone is still pretty much flat. There are days, like Monday the 19th, where I have a 50% increase in traffic from the week prior, but yesterday was flat again. It really doesn't mean much to me because I am going from only 30 visits to 60 visits. My pre-panda traffic this time of year was 1,500 visitors a day. So a 50% increase on 1 day to 60 visitors, and then flat again the next day, just doesn't make me believe I am on any path to recovery. I feel like this is a smoke and mirrors game to confuse people even more.

I really wish Google would quit the focus on helping spammers quickly recover from manual actions and instead focus on helping small businesses target their algorithmic problems and quickly recover. I would sooo much rather have a manual action where they told me what I needed to do to fix my problem. There are so many great small businesses with great websites out there that don't have a clue. I am stuck in this algorithmic penalty since July 2013, and it feels like Groundhog's day, every day. Is there any hope?


https://disqus.com/by/disqus_qcm5r3DWXB/

The zombie thread on wmw is about site owners reporting major disparities between traffic *volume* and traffic *quality*. Many are seeing no change or even increases in traffic volume, but massive drops in conversions. Traffic seems to switch from high converting to low converting daily or even more frequently. This may be far more widespread than is being realised, because relatively few sites (e.g. ecommerce) have a handle on conversions and so can see this phenomenon. Other sites wouldn't be aware if the quality of their traffic was being changed by Google. It seems to have started around September.

It's as if Google is giving sites a daily traffic *volume* quota and also a separate daily traffic *quality* quota. So a site receives a proportion of good vs bad traffic up to its volume quota. In terms of what constitutes 'good' vs 'bad' quality traffic, this is unclear, but it may relate to the confidence in which Google understands search query intent, e.g. "buy nike black airmax trainers" = high confidence, "white windows glass" = low confidence. But the make-up of good vs bad is complete guesswork and there may even be bot traffic involved here eating into a site's traffic quota. All that can be said is that a lot of sites are seeing their traffic suddenly switch to non-converting.

https://disqus.com/by/simonlhill/


Source: https://www.seroundtable.com/google-update-21059.html







Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий